You may make up a free wallpaper, but still it will be hard to get it
Have you ever try’s to look for free wallpapers? Looks like quite easy. Just google for ‘free wallpapers’ and get a lot of results. But, when I try’s to do this for myself I found several problems. So I decided to review 30-40 sites and select the best ones.
First of all, what the most common problems I have found? Look next:
- Sites allow to see only small thumbnails and downloading appear only in some archive format with a lot of steps during downloading process.
- No way to know which resolutions present for thumbnail. Downloading is just one way to see.
- A lot of steps with advertisements until you get to wallpaper image. Concourse all of these sites are with free wallpapers and as result of them have advertisement, but not so much.
- Site required registration for image downloading. I’m not sure why they need my registration. All such type sites were ignored by me.
- Its very difficult to find even one site with not standard resolution wallpapers (as example for wide screen display with 1680x1050).
- Several sites do not provided small thumbnails, just image names. So you need to download for image review.
- Several sites provide low resolution images for free and high quality images is for sale
As result I have next table with results:
|url||Present resolutions||Navigation methods|
|www.caedes.net||800x600, 1024x768, 1152x864, 1280x1024, 1600x1200||Categories, Resolution, Search by name|
|www.desktopwallpapers.co.uk||1280x960, 1280x1024||Categories, Search by name|
|wallpapers.jurko.net||1024x768, 1280x1024, 1600x1200||Categories, Colors|
|www.freewallpapers.to||800x600, 1024x768||Categories, Resolution|
|www.wallpaperbase.com||800x600, 1024x768, 1600x1200||Categories|
|www.pc-wallpapers.co.uk||800x600, 1024x768||Categories, Resolution|
|www.desktopwallpapers.net||1024x768, 800x600||Categories, Resolution|